'I thought I might be able to give him some grandfatherly advice': Former detective Roger Rogerson's excuse for entering a storage unit where Jamie Gao was murdered
- A court has heard CCTV footage shows murdered student Jamie Gao being dragged to a car
- Crown Prosecutor Christopher Maxwell QC said former detectives Roger Rogerson and Glen McNamara both looked to be lifting the body
- Men charged with murder of Gao, who was found wrapped in a tarp off Sydney beach on May 26
- A prison phone call between Rogerson and his wife suggested he would argue he only intervened in what happened between Gao and McNamara
- Rogerson and McNamara have also been accused of commercial drug supply
|Glen McNamara former NSW Police Officer, author|
Former detectives Roger Rogerson and Glenn McNamara can be seen dragging the dead body of Jamie Gao on his back to a car minutes after they murdered him, CCTV footage shown by Crown Prosecutor Christopher Maxwell QC in Central Local Court contends.
In the footage, Rogerson and McNamara can be seen taking what appears to be a heavy object wrapped in a bag from the Rent-a-Space storage unit in the south-western Sydney suburb of Padstow at around 2pm on May 20 this year.
'The body's dragged on its back,' Mr Maxwell said, describing the footage as it was played to the court.
'Both appear to take part in the lifting of the body.'
Mr Maxwell showed dramatic scenes captured on security footage in what he says was an organised plan from the start to murder 20-year-old Mr Gao in the storage unit.
A court has heard that Roger Rogerson went to the storage unit where student Jamie Gao was allegedly murdered to see why he and Glen McNamara, pictured, had been in there so long